Deciding to undergo surgery is, while exciting, it can be daunting! The results can after all change your appearance and confidence level. Taking the correct first steps is imperative to your surgery journey being as stress free as possible.
The key to a good recovery and a positive outcome is preparation! Dr Hertess and her team of qualified nurses make it their mission to ensure their patients are fully aware of the risks involved, and that they feel comfortable in their care.
So, where should I start?
Please use the following tips as a guide when preparing for surgery. The important thing to remember is to ask questions! Be prepared, and understand that sometimes complications happen. A successful outcome is a work in progress between the patient, the surgeon and supporting staff.
Cairns Plastic Surgery Preparation Tips
- Create a checklist of your expectations; read our Top 5 Considerations When Choosing a Plastic Surgeon
- Take advantage of a complimentary nurse consultation
- Ask to see evidence of surgical outcomes in the form of photos
- Be honest, and expect honesty
- Know your medical history, previous surgery and medication, and how this may impact on further surgery
- Know your surgeons qualifications
- Ask questions!