Cairns Plastic Surgeon
Dr Hertess has a unique female perspective after over 20 years experience in plastic and reconstructive surgery.
She specialises in breast augmentation, breast reduction and breast lift as well as abdominoplasty, liposuction, face/neck lift, hand surgery, ear and eye surgery. Her diligent work in skin cancer treatment, surgery and treatment of dermatological skin conditions continues.
A member of the Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons, she offers skill and proficiency in all areas of surgical and non surgical treatment as a specialist plastic surgeon.
Training and Qualifications
Dr Hertess graduated from Melbourne University Medical School in 1986 after completing her science degree.
She spent an additional eight years training in the field of plastic and reconstructive surgery in Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane.
In 1993 Dr Hertess obtained her specialist qualification as a member of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons in the division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
In 2014 Dr Hertess obtained her Australian Dermatology Diploma.
Memberships and associations
Dr Hertess is a valued member of the following associations:
- Member of Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS)
- Member of The Australian Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- Member of The Australasian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- Member of The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- Member of The Australian Hand Surgery (AHSS)
- Member of Australian Medical Association (AMA)
- Member of The Queensland Society of Plastic Surgeons (QSPS)
Up close with Dr Hertess
Cairns Plastic Surgery is a well-established local surgery, which Dr Hertess has been operating for over 20 years. She offers an abundance of knowledge in the specialist plastic surgical field and acknowledges the uniqueness of each individual. She recommends a fit and healthy lifestyle for herself and all prospective surgical clients. She enjoys bike riding, boxing and fitness classes while keeping up with her three teenage children.